For taking speedy and timely decisions on non policy matters and to eliminate hurdles & bottlenecks in the way of smooth implementation of the project including giving administrative sanction to sub-projects, Empowered Committee under the Chairmanship of the Additional Chief Secretary (LSGD) has been constituted with the following members.
- Additional Chief Secretary (LSGD) Chairman/ Chairperson
- Principal Secretary, Finance Department or representative Member
- Principal Secretary, Planning Department or representative Member
- Secretary, LSGD (Urban) Member
- Director, LSGD (Urban) Member
- Project Director, KSWMP Convener
- Executive Director, Suchitwa Mission Member
- Principal Director (LSGD) Member
- Deputy Project Director, KSWMP Member
Implementing Agencies related to the project including Urban Local Bodies can be invited to the committee meetings as Special invitees.
Powers, duties and functions of the committee:
- Approval of all sub projects to be taken up under the project and to give Administrative Sanction.
- Approval of various procurement process.
- Approval of contract award for works and goods.
- Approval of engagement and award of work to consultants.
- Approval of time extension of works and goods contract, and of consultants.
- Approval of termination of contracts of various works, goods and consultants in case of non performance, based on Project Management Unit recommendation.
- Review and approval of annual work plans of the project.
- Approval of all Standard Bidding Documents to be followed in the Project.
- Appointment of subcommittees on various issues.
- Approval of the project completion report after completion of all works and any other approvals needed in respect of Project Implementation within the scope of approved funds for the project.
- Approval of annual budget, annual action plan and annual administrative report of the project submitted by the Project Director.
- Approval of the annual accounts of KSWMP and audited by Chartered Accountants.
- Monitor and review the progress of Project Implementation and take appropriate decisions to speed up the project.
- Issue necessary directions for ensuring that the Project is implemented according to the time schedule.
- Sanction of temporary posts and contractual appointment in the Project Management Units and Project Implementation Units during the project period.
- The meeting of the Empowered Committee will be convened by the Project Director (KSWMP) in consultation with the Chairman / Chairperson.
- The Project Director will prepare the minutes of the meeting and will circulate it to the members on approval of the Chairman/ Chairperson.
- The Project Director will ensure the compliance of all decisions of the Empowered Committee.
- Further examination, scrutiny and approval of the decisions of the Empowered Committee by concerned departments shall not be necessary.
- The Committee shall meet at least one in every three months, or more frequently if necessary.
- The quorum of the Empowered Committee would be at least five members.
- The tenure of the Empowered Committee shall be till the completion of the project.