Right to Information Act 2005
Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by the Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions to provide a– RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities, PIOs, etc. amongst others, besides access to RTI related information/disclosures published on the web by various Public Authorities under the government of India as well as the State Governments.
The objective of the Right to Information Act
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens, promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government, contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in the real sense. It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed. The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT:
Deputy Project Director
Phone: 0471-2333011, email: email@example.com
State Public Information Officer
Shri.Manoj Kumar P.N
Financial Management Expert
Assistant Public Information Officer
Project Head (Infra), 0471-2333011
Kerala Solid Waste Management Project
Local Self Government Department
Government of Kerala
Ground floor, Trans Towers
- The particulars of the project, functions and duties.
- The powers of duties of commission’s officers and employees.
- The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
- The rules ,regulations ,instructions,manuals and records held under its control are used by its employees for discharging its functions.
- The particulars of any arrangement that exist for consultation with, or representation by , the members of the public in relation to the formulation of project or implementation thereof.
- A statement of boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as commission’s part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards ,councils ,committees and other bodies are open to public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
- A directory of its officers and employees.
- The monthly remuneration received by each of the commission’s officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.
- Progress Report