Right to Information Act 2005
Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by the Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances, and Pensions to provide a– RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities, PIOs, etc. amongst others, besides access to RTI related information/disclosures published on the web by various Public Authorities under the government of India as well as the State Governments.
The objective of the Right to Information Act
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens, promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government, contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in the real sense. It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed. The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT:
Sri. U. V. Jose IAS(Rtd)
Deputy Project Director
Phone: 0471-2333011, email: email@example.com
State Public Information Officer
Assistant Public Information Officer
Sri. Vishnu S. Chandran
Mobile: 9400069359, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerala Solid Waste Management Project
Local Self Government Department
Government of Kerala
4th floor, Trans Towers
Information under Section 4(1)(b) of the RTI Act, 2005
- The particulars of the commission, functions and duties.
- The powers of duties of commission’s officers and employees.
- The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
- The norms set by the commission for the discharge of its functions.
- The rules ,regulations ,instructions,manuals and records held by the commission or under its control are used by its employees for discharging its functions.
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by the commission or under its control.
- The particulars of any arrangement that exist for consultation with, or representation by , the members of the public in relation to the formulation of commission’s policy or implementation thereof.
- A statement of boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as commission’s part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards ,councils ,committees and other bodies are open to public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
- A directory of its officers and employees.
- The monthly remuneration received by each of the commission’s officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.
- The budget allocated to each of the commission agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made.
- The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including amounts the allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes.
- Particulars of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by the organization.
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by the commission, reduced in an electronic form.—Visit our website www.ncw.nic.in
- The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information ,including the working hours of a library or reading room ,if maintained for public use.
- The names ,designations and other particulars of the public information officers.
- Such other information as may be prescribed. —NIL